Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Cover Letter

212 Legion Fld.
Marshall, MN 56258
April 22, 2008



Mr. Brian Jones
Human Resources Director
Alan Construction


Dear Mr. Jones
I am applying for the construction job for the classifieds in the local newspaper for a summer job as a construction worker. I am in closing my resume with this letter. I will admit am not the smartest kid in my class or even at average. I have a 1.8 GPA but I don’t think you are looking for a book smart worker. I do know construction and building thought. My grandpa and I just this week built a deck for our backyard. We also built a ramp for our stairs in the garage so we can put our shoes out there and made a coat rake out there also.
Or if you need someone to do computer work like draw up designs in CAD in can do that. I will work hard with whatever I do. I am a fast learner and if I don’t understand what I am suppose to do. I’m not afraid to ask for help or if it is after work I can always call my grandpa and he can explain it to me. I will tell you this I can only work until July 21st because that is when I’m joining the marines and am going to boot camp.

I look forward to having an opportunity to meet with you in person as soon possible.

Sincerely,

Jordan Brown

No comments: