Thursday, May 8, 2008

Education

What is education? The dictionary definition of education is the act or process of imparting or acquiring general knowledge, developing the powers of reasoning and judgment, and generally of preparing oneself or others intellectually for mature life. For the last 18 years I have thought education was done in a class room but in real terms it is everywhere. I am going to use the marines for an example.

For the past seven months I have learned how to get ready for boot camp. He has told me to look for in boot camp. Taught me how to overcome the mental tricks of the Drill Instructors at boot camp. Taught me how to get in to shape for boot camp.

I will learn for the Drill Instructors at boot camp by. I will learn how to act and become a Marine. In mini boot camp they should us some of the saying we have to do. Like when the say ears we have to say open Sir and eyes we say click Sir. We will learn close order drill and how to march information. They will teach you a lot more stuff that I just don’t know right now because I haven’t been to boot camp yet.

Farther more all your classes, weapon shooting, swimming, ect. Marine specified in that MOS will teach you all the class room stuff in boot camp. The marines also teach you at the weapon range. They don’t even let the DI get in a certain distance from the range. When you do your field week Marines are you teachers out there for the whole week and same as swimming week.

In that I is why Education is not just learned in a school, class room, or in-between four walls. It is everywhere and all the time. From when you learned to talk to when you die you will learn everyday. I think that’s why they have the saying “You learn something new every day.” That is my thoughts on education.

No comments: